Who we are
JP Solar Tech is a Melbourne-based Solar Company and deals in Solar and Battery installation.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Suggested text: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profiles. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Collecting your personal information
- We may collect personal information in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit our website, register on the website, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our website.
- You may be asked for your name, email address, mailing address, phone number. You may visit our website anonymously.
- We will collect personal information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personal information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain website related activities or it may prevent us from being able to contact you.
- We may collect non-personal information about you whenever you interact with our website. Non-personal information may include your browser name, your type of computer and technical information about your means of connection to our website, such as your operating system and your internet service provider and other similar information.
Using your personal information
- JP Solar Tech may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service – information you provide helps us to respond to your customer service requests and to support your needs more efficiently.
- To personalize your experience – we may use information in the aggregate to understand how you and other users as a group use the services and resources provided on our website.
- To improve our website – we may use any feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other website features.
- To send you information which you have agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
- To send emails/newsletters – we may use your email address to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. We may also use personal information to respond to you inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. You will have the choice to opt out of such emails by ‘unsubscribing’ to them.
Disclosing your personal information
- We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
- We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal information regarding you with our business partners and suppliers. These businesses provide services or products to JP Solar Tech and may need access to the personal information we hold in order to enable them to perform those services.
- We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys.
Securing your information
- We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our website.
Accessing your information
- You can access your information by making a written request to us. We will endeavour to provide you with the information you have requested, unless providing such access would infringe another person’s privacy.
- When you request access, we will ask you to provide some form of identification (such as a driver’s licence or passport) so we can make sure that you are the person to whom the information relates. In some cases, we may also ask you to pay a reasonable fee to cover the cost of providing access.
- If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, please contact us, addressing your request to the Privacy Officer.
Correcting your information or raising concerns
- If you believe that any personal information which we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, or if you have concerns about how we are handling your personal information, please contact us and we will try to resolve those concerns.
- If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk management reasons.
- If we become aware of any ongoing concerns or problems concerning our privacy practices, we will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns.
- We may make changes to this policy from time to time without notice. Any changes will be reflected on this page.
- This policy was last updated in August 2013.
- We will be updating this policy in December 2013, to reflect the changes to privacy laws brought about